Wednesday 5 January 2011

Nibble of the Week


We at the Ataraxian Club love bloody good food, and recently I indulged on a new year jaunt up to Edinburgh. I dinned at the Hadrian's Brasserie at the Balmoral Hotel. The service was impressive, some of the best I have experienced, not too stuffy or invasive, relaxed and modern. The restaurant was beautiful, very well presented but again modern and relaxed. Having had an ever-wonderful Hendricks Gin & Tonic in the bar, we headed into the restaurant where I had a the excellent Char Grilled Scottish Chicken, Herb Gnocchi, Wild Mushrooms with a Café au Lait Sauc followed by the second best Crème Brûlée (sounding like my grandmother) I have had the pleasure to break. If find yourself north of the wall this winter it is well worth your time making a pilgrimage and taking refuge from the predictable Scottish weather at Hadrian's Brasserie.


No comments:

Post a Comment